Monday, August 6, 2007

New Friends...Big Plans!

I have found a new circle of friends in the past 10 months. It has generated from the IRV2 board. My blog name comes from the Manufacturer of our motor home, Monaco . You will find a forum named Monaco Owner's Forum in the forum section of the IRV2 board. You will also find some wonderful people amongst this section. These people come from all walks of life and from all parts of the continent. but they have at least a couple things in common ... one is the love of RV travel and the other is that we all own a product by this manufacturer.

A picture looking at many different brands of Monaco at "Camp Monaco-Diamond Springs" in Harrisburg, Oregon


You will find that Ronboc (who is the moderator of this forum) can take a pratical joke - as well as give it back (I will never forget when DigNBubbs (who has his own blog) & I went off-topic. Ronboc said something - so we deleted our posts so it looked like Ronboc was goofy!)...which brings me to DigNBubbs. He felt so bad for Ronboc - that he told on me -(Ok...I did come up wth the idea - but he agreed!) We also have RonNBama -who has his own fanclub without even knowing it!(People ask if I have met you in person... ah-hello...What's wrong with me...am I chopped liver?!!) Bsavage travels all over with her fiance going to AHRMA Vintage Trials . There is Teofff who has recently joined the group ..who at this very moment is wondering "Why me, Lord". Robin_M who lives in the NE and the first owner besides us who at least acknowledged he had a full wall slide. BCSteve came up from Southern Ca.to trade in his old RV for the new one at DeMartini RV and met a few people that had just left the Spring Escapade in the Stockton area on his way home. . Gonefishin is one of the few who is close to retiring. Roland, Diplomat Don, Loranimal, Flyer, Letsgoagain, Gordon, Crudeman, McDDY, MCPO Ret, Nutensteve and so many other members are always contributing to the Monaco forum. They are always willing to come in and answer someone's problem, share how they modified something or to laugh with each other.



I have chatted with many, talked with some, had dinner with a few and spent the weekend with a couple...but I have enjoyed or learned from it - no matter what! Because of these reasons...some of us think that it is time to plan an "IRV2 Monaco Owners Forum" rally. I think it would be great if we could all meet sometime in the future. Can you imagine actually seeing the modifications everyone has done...in person! (we can all see if Robin_M 's storage area is as neat as they look...) The food, the laughter, the journey of just getting there would be a great experience. I am sure there are a few of us who can manage to meet somewhere. Who would like to meet...who can help plan...and the big one ....where should we meet? I will definitely help ... but I can't help without anyone showing some interest in going. Please post here if you might be interested...or you can email me privately.


2 comments:

Rhonda and Allyn said...

Hey there!! It's Rhonda, remember me? I've tried sending you private messages on irv2 but I don't think you ever got them. So, I'm going to try this route. I hope all is well with you. I love your blog! I think I'll take back up at irv2. I think I've ran out of things to talk about on rvnet, lol. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rhonda

MonacoMama said...

Hi Rhonda!
I am sooo glad you have made it over to the "bright" side of IRV2!I missed your posts there that I felt I had to start up this blog to help fill the gap!
I actually had my emails bounce back when I tried to reply.
I will email you this weekend!