Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Prancealots Min-Pins

"My Two Bobsey Twins" or "Monkey See-Monkey Do"
Some of you know that we own two Miniature Pinschers...but many of you don't know the story behind our Min Pins, so I thought I would share...
...a little over two years ago, we had to put our Cocoa* down. Ron had said "no more dogs". Everyone knows how much it hurts when you lose a family pet...well, I was not going to argue...but then - I am not the one who works from home. I was mildly shocked when I came home a week later and my dear husband can not only tell me what type of dog we should get - but the color! I know when I need to move fast - so I am online, looking for local breeders with minature pinschers...but I am surprised that I can't find anyone. I have never bought a pet of any kind online ...but I know I need to move fast ...so onto the internet to look for breeders.

I learn that minpins are NOT related to Doberman Pinschers; The Minpin breed has been around longer than Dobies; they are originally from Germany and were used as "hunters" of vermin & rodents. These dogs are known as "the King of Toys" because of their attitude!
What did happen that night was I came across a breeder in Tennessee that had an adorable picture posted that we both fell in love with. That cute little red pup was "calling our names".Well - I am one who always "has to make sure" so I continued looking at lots of other websites. Somehow, I kept ending up at some other page at the Prancealots website. I went to work immediately that night by sending her an email telling her why I wanted that pup. It was late -especially in Tennessee - so I went to bed with hopeful anticipation. First thing in the morning - I am looking at my emails whle making coffee. Nothing yet... hmmmm... I turn up the sound so I can HEAR when I get an email...and off to the bedroom with our coffee. I almost jump off the bed when the blasted computer lets out a " new email" alert! Seconds later, I can remember hollering to Ron.."I found our puppy!!! Come Look!! Come Look!"

I had a family function to attend to that day...but I can remember Ron calling me to let me know we got the "puppy contract" via email -and all I could think of ..."ok ..I know it is family that I haven't seen in years...but can't I go home?" I did calm down and had a great visit with the family - brought some of them home and immediately went on the computer. I emailed & called Robyn to let her know I will have the contract in the mail the following day.

This breeder is fabulous. She kept me up to date on "Rusty"...including sending me pictures throughout his first 2 months growing up with her! We quickly became friends.It was proven to me over and over that this is the right breeder & puppy!

Some people don't realize that animals cannot be shipped if temperatures will be over a certain degree so the only way to bring this rascal home is to pick him up and carry him back in the "airplane cabin". This is the perfect excuse for Ron & I to use first class airline points...so we make reservations and fly back to Tennessee. We spend two nights back there- the first night we leave Rusty with his other "mommy" ...but the second night - he is at the hotel with us. All I can say is "cute cute cute"!

Well... our love for this pup brought us to own another one... from the same breeder of course! These dogs may have a couple of downfalls... besides being too cute...They will bark if not properly trained - and they may be a little protective / jealous of their 'loved ones'... but I will never get rid of them ...so I guess they are stuck with me!

*Cocoa had been with us since 1992. We found him as a pup when we thought Brandy (who was almost 15 years old) was going to die the night before. Brandy knew we would need help training this little runt-so he hung on for 3 more months so he could train Cocoa!

No comments: