Sunday, July 29, 2007

A New Word to My Vocabulary- "DeClutter"

Well, my spouse has been gone for one week and 3 hours 30 minutes (but who's counting!??) now. He will proud of me if I can do any part of what I am trying to do this week ...and for anyone who does know me - you know how hard it is for me.
I have found there are things I do not need and will not use again....like 2 complete sets of white dishes...but not a 4 place setting each..NOOOO..I bought a 12 place setting for each set. I splurged a few years ago at Thanksgiving when we actually stayed home instead of going out in the RV.
That little Thanks- giving weekend probably ended up costing us more in dishes than it would have in gas! I felt the need to have solid white dishes on gold chargers for a slight touch of elegance. Well, I found another set I liked better after buying the first set...but the first set was not returnable because they were on closeout.
I now have 2 sets of dishes that I don't plan on using again. Ron has told me he will not be home for Thanksgiving if I am going to do another big dinner with so many people again...so I have no use for the dishes! I also know that I will not be feeding more than 8 people in the RV, so it is time to also get rid of my Mikasa stoneware. I have had my "Garden Club" (Flower Fest pattern) for over 25 years...so there will be a few pieces that have broken...but it was another 12 place setting.
The next thing is a little harder for me to part with...and it may actually be because it has a special meaning to me. Ron got me a subscription to Bon Apetit magazine when Ron & I first got together more than 28 years ago. I have kept that subscription for all these years. I know there are a few magazines missing throughout the 28 years ...but it has almost all of them...but if you know me..you are probably surprised there are any missing!
I have vases that I will get rid of also... along with other miscel- laneous kitchen and dining room items...like a Rival stainless meat slicer.
I am afraid to see what else I do come up with! (Contact me if you are looking for something in particular-I might actually have it ...and might consider letting it leave the house!)


It is going to take a long time to get rid of the things I can't take in the Diplomat and will not put in storage for whenver we build our last stick cottage...so I am starting now. I guess this blog might actually be considered "MonacoMama's Miscellaneous Internet Garage Sale"!

No comments: