Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Still Counting the Days at the Annabelle

Well, I should be in the air and almost home three days from now. (I will on the ground if I am lucky and we have a tailwind!)

In the meantime, I am in a "boutique" hotel. It is quaint place that is great... especially if you want to be just down the street from where Jay Leno tapes his show.

The main bartender will always have a great time and keep you entertained. It is a pleasure to sit there and go back and forth in conversation. The backup bartender is an aspiring actor who is making a living doing his acting - I think this is a job he does for fun.

The two guys in the restaurant are great fun too. One-who actually works in the acting business is a real kick..has a great personality and it comes through that he loves what he does - no matter what it is...playing EmCee on the red carpet, dressing actors, doing a show or just plain waiting tables. The other knows how to play to his customers and give them the type of attention they may want.

The desk is efficient and quiet. You check in so quickly that you forget you were even there. You never see the Housekeeping staff - but you know they were there because your room is clean. The chef will definitely make substitutions and enjoys seeing someone smile because he can see they enjoy his food.

You have many regulars at the bar that are characters without even trying. It is a kick to hear their stories and try to grasp what their lives are about.

I know I can't wait to get home (I should be getting "puppy kisses and howls" 72 hours from now!!) BUT I will miss the "new friends" I have made at the Annabelle!

Thank You, Annabelle Staff for making my stay easier!!

No comments: