Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things I Have Learned This Last Week...

I recently started another new project -scanning all my old photograph negatives.  This picture represents what I have left to do. (I have already scanned in over 2,500 negatives.)

 Here are a  few things I have realized this past week...



I actually did document my first bald eagle sighting in September of 1994.



You need to keep your negatives clean - otherwise you will get white specks showing.


Puppies are cute-even when they catch moths...


Trains will always draw a crowd....


 You would never actually believe just how blue Paul Newman's eyes were- unless you met him in person.

The above photos were taken with a 35MM film camera.  I have always enjoyed photography and I have decent equipment for being just a "run of the mill" home photographer.  I have been using a DSLR camera for about 8 years now but Canon makes their cameras last way too long - how can I justify a new camera when my old one still works as well as it does!  GRRRRRRRRR

3 comments:

I.M. Vayne said...

That wouldn't be you with that blue thing a hangin' out of yer nose in that last picture that Mr. Newman's a so busy staring at would it, you bein' one of the real rich lady's from Monaco and all.

MonacoMama said...

No, Mr. Vayne..that is far from being me! I am a poor working schlep that fell in love with a specific floor plan that happened to be made by Monaco. I continue to work hard so I can pay my bills-including the monthly Monaco payment.

Unknown said...

Great photos Mama. I did a lot of scanning slidesand it is work!