Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Great Backyard Bird Count

 Today I participated in the GBBC. The "Great Backyard Bird Count" is a 4 day event where people from all over take time to count the many different birds they see and also report what bird species they saw.
  I decided I have too many feeders out because there was no way I could count the birds as they flew back and forth to the 4 backyard feeders. (This is very difficult with only two eyes!)
 I did not leave the yard so I did not see that many species  but I do have a slideshow of some of the different birds I saw.  I do have a few of the same bird...he was very territorial of the feeder until he was finished - 


There is one more day to participate so why don't you grab a partner and have fun! You can find the instructions at this link.
.

No comments: