Friday, October 22, 2010

Dedication or Craziness??

Many of you know that I work at a General Motors Dealership...but few of you may know that all Automotive Manufacturers expect their dealerships to complete the manufacturer training requirements.

I can remember a few years back that the dealership missed the year-end certification completion by one test. This test was through the manufacturer "Interactive Training Class". These classes are at a set time with a limited number of participants. Can you imagine having a month left to complete the course BUT there are no openings in the class? The dealership was not able to complete the certification requirement because they did not complete one of over 200 tests.

I decided that I would do my part this year to make sure that same circumstance did not happen again this year at the dealership I work at now. I have completed eleven certifications at this time. I have 4 more certifications I will complete by taking a total of six more tests. (I am enrolled in two that are similar to the "Interactive Training Class" and the other four classes are still in development.) I can also take 4 other tests to be certified in the Parts Department area but they will not be needed for the dealership certification.

I bet this might be of value to other GM dealerships as well as the one I work!

Here is my Certifications List as of today:

GM CERTIFICATION
Status as of: October 22, 2010

Top Honors
Body Shop Manager 100% N/A
Certified Internet Manager 100% N/A
Certified Internet Service Manager 100% N/A
Collision Consultant/Estimator 100% N/A
CUV Sales Consultant 100% N/A
CUV Sales Manager 80% N/A
Partner Security Coordinator 100% N/A
Parts Consultant 70% 0%
Parts Manager 80% 0%
Sales Consultant 90% 100%
Sales Consultant - Commercial 100% N/A
Sales Manager - Commercial 100% N/A
Sales Manager - New 88% 100%
Sales Manager - Used 90% N/A
Service Consultant 100% 100%
Service Manager 100% 100%

1 comment:

The Rambler said...

I don't know what your job is, but it looks like your over qualified! This comes from someone you spend over 30 years in car dealerships.